Dr. Richard Kaae
I am somewhat unique as an entomologist. I have 40+ years of entomological experience. In the past I was actively involved in very productive research at the University of California at Riverside. I have 30+ years of teaching at Cal Poly Pomona, including almost every type of entomology and pest management course. I owned a pest control company for almost 20 years and now own a company that is accredited by California, most of the other western states, some of the eastern states, and internationally to provide the continuing education required for pest control individuals to maintain licenses (all fields). This combined experience in combination with my ability to explain complex issues in a simple understandable manner ideally would be desirable in an expert witness. I am told I am an excellent speaker. At Cal Poly I developed the most popular course ever offered at the University (Insects and Civilization). The first quarter I offered it the enrollment was 6. Several years later the annual enrollment approached 2,000. And of course I am quite humble.
My Emphasis: Biology and Damage Control of:
- Structural Pest Problems: those found in and around buildings (bedbugs, rats, mice, cockroaches,
spiders, fleas, ants and related problems)
- Biting and stinging insects and their relatives- bedbugs, bees, honeybees,
Africanized bees, ants, wasps, scorpions, spiders, hornets and mites
- Parasites - lice, scabies, delusory parasitosis and related problems
- Insects that infest our food and other products-beetles, moths, mites,
cockroaches, booklice, rats and mice and others
- Wood Infesting Insects - termites, beetles and others
- Turf and Landscape Vertebrate Pests - gophers, squirrels, voles, moles.
Also rats, mice and other rodents and their related problems
List of Pests and Related Problem of Interest: